Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!

No doubt, I have the best mother in the world. And I know I am partial, but I really do believe she is the greatest woman. She is a wonderful, loving, caring, compassionate, funny, and above all well grounded Christian woman, whom I love so much! I look at my life, and we weren't rich or well off and our family had many problems, but my mom never wavered-not once.



I have so many great memories of my mom. As a little girl, I loved to watch her put on her make up and loved it when she would let me play in it. I can remember walking around in her high heels and doing dances in the living room with her. She played with me all the time, she truly always made me feel special with giving me (and my borther) quality time. I can still hear her playing the old hymns on the panio as I played outside. My friends and I would sit on the front proch and listen to her play and sing, and it was the prettiest sound in the world to me. As time went on, I can remember things of even greater importance. I remember not being able to find my mom anywhere around the house, but after searching high and low, there she was, in her closet with her Bible. I can remember hearing her call our names out one by one as she prayed God's hand on our life. As a teenager, I remember wanting to go eat with my friends or a new outfit, but we really couldn't afford it but so many times my mom's unconditional love would have her say, "I am so full, I am not even hungry for dinner", and she would give me every penny she had. I can remember going through dark times as a family, before and after my dad's death, and during those times it wasn't uncommon for my mom to be singing from the top of her lungs in her bedroom about how good God is. I never wondered where she stood, or what she believed. She prayed for me often and I believe that's why God has blessed me like He has. It really isn't all about me, I truly believe he answered a mother's prayer.


Today, I still look up to my mom. Now as a step mom to Mili, and carrying this sweet boy, I am thankful more than ever for a mother's love. She constantly showed it, but I am learning more every day about how great her love was and still is. I love my mom so very much. I will "rise up and call her blessed" every time I get the chance. My sincere prayer is that I can be just half the woman and mom she was and still is.


Mom, I love you so much and God gave me one of the greatest blessings when He allowed you to be my mother. Thank you for all the little things you did and still do. And above all, thank you for living Christ out so clearly in front of Sean and me, that is something I will never take for granted. I know had it not been for you, no telling where I would be. So thank you for giving all you had to Sean and me, it was more than enough and it still means everything to me! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment