Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Redeeming Love

"Love the Lord your God, and love one another. Love one another as He loves. Love with strength and purpose and passion and no matter what comes against you. Don't weaken. Stand against the darkness, and love. That's the way back into Eden. That's the way back to life." — Francine Rivers

What took me so long to read this book? I have heard about it forever, and had it on my shelf for over a year! Once I started, I couldn't put it down. I encourage everyone to read this book. I LOVE it. I have cried, laughed, and experienced more emotions than ever before while reading.

The book is an amazing retelling of the book of Hosea. The story line is one of a kind, but the concept of God's unconditional, unchanging, forever and always love is portrayed beautifully and shown in a way I will never forget.

I quite often will joke with Stephen and say, "I just wish you were like ______ (whoever the main man in the story or movie I am reading or watching is)" But as I read this book, it was shown so crystal clear what TRUE love looks like. God is love. Not just an example, but He is love. And I have to say, as I read, I was thankful God gave me a man on earth that shows me His love daily. All jokes aside, he isn't Noah from the Notebook, or Micheal from Redeeming Love, but Stephen is the man God gave me, who is so in love with the Lord, that he can love me so perfectly with the TRUE love of God.

And even more amazing, is the portrait of God that is displayed throughout the book. Why does He love me? In all my sin and with all the wrong I have done and still do, why? Why should God love me? Why does He love everyone and want everyone? His love is so amazing. And is truly life changing, if just for a split second we could grasp the concept of how much He truly loves us.

This might be rambling now, but my heart is so thankful. So thankful for God and His unchanging love. What if it was conditional? I wouldn't be able to get out of bed in the morning, in fear and in knowing, I can't and will never live up to what He deserves. Even at my best, I am filthy compared to what He should get out of me. And yet, He still loves me the same-so very amazing. I am thankful for a husband who tries to love the same way, and I whole-heartily pray to be a woman who loves him in return with the love of God.

IF you have not, READ THIS BOOK!! I do not say it often, but I will say.... this is one of the best books I have ever read!

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny! I was planning on doing a blog about this too, eventually! What you said about this book is perfect. I truly just felt like the Lord just had His arms wrapped around me and was squeezing me so tight the whole time I was reading it. Such an anointed piece of work! Glad you read it!!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete