Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My funny kids...

I love my job, especially on days like today. While this three week stretch, between the Thanksgiving holidays and the Christmas break, is usually hard for all of us... today was great.

I love my job, because I love my kids. It's funny to me to think that our age difference really is only about 6 or 7 years, but I feel like they are all my kids. I find myself feeling like I am the only one who can get on to them, but no one else better talk to or bad about my kids, going to their basketball games, etc. However, my classes know this and is the reason I have a close relationship with most of my kids, they also know I am on their side. Sometimes when I assign an essay that is difficult (or just causes them to think), or spring a pop quiz on them over some text we might have been reading, they act like I am the worse person in the world... I call it tough love. It's actually easier to cater to them, keep up with their projects for them, or remind them to shave, tuck in their shirts, or to grab their ID badge from the desk but I am trying to teach responsibility along with everything else, because I am NOT their mom. Anyways, today caused us to get the giggles that could not get us back on track...

One of my boys started complaining (and not really, just more like a whine). Naturally I listened for a second and then quickly put him into place. Without missing a beat, he said (still whining), "But mom..." and then quickly caught himself. We ALL died laughing. He wasn't trying to be funny, but just called me that on accident... Proving to me I STILL baby them too much. It was a nice laugh, and everyone found it hilarious. Instead of Ms. Hall, my 5th period now calls me, Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment