Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What is love?

There are so many ways one might define love. Yes, it might feel good, maybe even look good; however, I have learned it's a verb rather than a noun. It's not a person or thing, it's an action. Christ and what he did for me is the most perfect example. What did I ever do to deserve Him? How can I ever repay Him? Why does He even love me? Questions I don't completely understand, because I am so unworthy and seem to fall short of his glory too often. I just can't get enough of Him though. Lately, my favorite time of the day is when it's just me and the Lord- in my classroom, walking down the hallway, driving. Times where I could easily find something meaningless to take my time up with, I spend just trying to get to know Him more and grasp how the love He has shown me and how His mercy and grace has completely transformed my life... these are the times I am loving. Maybe it's with age, maybe it's just the way I am suppose to "mature" in my walk with Him... I'm not sure, but now more than ever I am becoming aware of how he didn't have to save me or bless me. And yet, he has done both. I surely don't deserve salvation-but by grace through faith-and I am so thankful he has placed His spotless blood on my heart. I often can get caught up in my unholiness and just forget to thank Him and take His blessing and use it for HIS glory-again, showing the Lord I love him through my actions rather than anything else. That is what He has been dealing with me lately... that and much more.

Of course I must end in a song... It's the perfect answer to my original question... What is love?

I've heard it said that
Love is blind
It's never afraid, patient and kind
I've heard it said
Love's all you need
And that it is a many splendid thing
I've heard people sing of Love at first sight
And how it's so wrong, and how it's so right
It lifts you up, it lets you down
But I have found...

Love is a Cross
And Love let it be
Love is saving you
Love is saving me
The blood and the nails
A body so bruised
A Holy heart was broken
That's how he chose to prove
Love is a Cross

I've read that Love is just a myth
It's only a crutch, it doesn't exist
It's something the world cannot achieve
But I believe...


Peace is like a rushing river
Hope is paradise
Joy's an overflowing fountain
Love paid the price...

-Russ Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment