Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Soon to be Mrs. Stephen Ward

Wow. What a week!

Over a year ago I met the man of my dreams, he is everything and more than I have prayed for. This year has totally changed my life forever and I am so thankful for God's blessings. December 10, 2008 is what Stephen and I call our anniversary, it was like a fairy tale date... Stephen often says it was magical. That day was our first time to go out alone, without friends or Mili. And of all days it snowed so hard, which made for a beautiful night. It started with the three of us (Stephen, Mili and me) going to church. Then Stephen and I went to Cullens (at the time I thought this was amazing... fancy restaurant and all), we had the most romantic dinner. Afterwards, we walked to this wide open field next to Cullens and we danced in the snow. He hummed and held me tight, and it felt so right even a year ago. He often reminds me that this was the night he fell in love with me, a night I never will forget....

SO... this past Thursday, December 10, 2009 was our one year anniversary. Another AMAZING night. A night I have been dreaming about since last March, after I found out Stephen had asked my mom's blessing to marry me.

We started the night going to Mili's performance at school, so cute btw... and she was the cutest kid there, not that I am the least bit partial. I had given Stephen his present before her concert but he said "I want to give you yours in a special place so you will have to wait." So I did. We went to Cullens, he had reserved the exact booth we sat in a year before, which was so sweet and special. Again, we had a beautiful dinner. After dinner I wanted to go over to Cullens Live and say hey to some friends, so he said we should after we took the food to the car. So, as we walked to the car he grabbed my hand, put the food in the car, and started walking towards the field. He told me this is where he wanted to give me my present. He took me to the same place we had danced the year before and started to dance with me again... so sweet. He pulled out a James Avery box, and I opened it... it was the snowflake charm. I loved it! He told me some things and to always remember the night he fell in love with me by this charm. Everything made sense, I had NO clue what was coming next. I hugged him and thanked him, and while we were hugging he said, "This spot is special to me because it was our first date, our first dance and our first kiss" Well, me being me, suddenly became angry on the inside, how could he forget where we had first kissed? It was before that night in the snow. And I guess he really knows me too, because as I started to correct him, he was already down on one knee... and said "our first kiss as you being my fiancee". He was crying and I was in shock. He completely caught me off guard. I don't think I even answered for about 5 minutes... Needless to say, it was perfect.

I am so in love with him, I can't wait to marry my best friend. And on top of that, he makes me feel like I am the best girl in the world, like he is the lucky one.

So... May 8, 2010... I will become Mrs. Stephen Ward :)

oh and my ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Pictures will be posted soon!

1 comment:

  1. How romantic! It was sweet to read this on how he made your "anniversary" such a special day. A day to never be forgotten.... Look at that charm and remember when he first fell in love with you. sounds perfect! I love you honey and am so happy for you! Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete