Thursday, January 27, 2011

Favorite books (right now)

When I am not reading British Literature...

I enjoy spending time reading books that can have a positive impact in my family's life. Right now, these are two of my favorite books. Bringing up Girls by James Dobson is a wonderful book, especially when we have a daughter who is five going on sixteen. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has a daughter, and to be honest, anyone who works with children, even if they don't have children of their own. Also, A Wife After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George is AMAZING. I think the role of wife and mother are very rewarding, but often hard roles to fill, and even harder when performed as God has designed them. Now life isn't harder, and I believe it's worth it for a wonderful godly marriage and for children to be able to "rise up and call her (mother) blessed" (Prov. 30), but there is sacrifice to be able to have those things. It's sacrificing yourself (the flesh) daily, and renewing your mind with the things of God to EVER be able to fulfill these roles, I have been called to be in, well. So, I encourage you: wife, mother, young lady who wants to be married or have children one day, to read these books. Pray before you begin reading that the Lord will make it personal and that your husband and children can reap the benefits from you fulfilling your roles God's way.

p.s. My husband is going to read Bringing Up Girls, and then of course we will be reading the one geared for boys. So, women, I will let you know how that turns out :)


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog. It's good to know Miliana has such a caring and loving home away from home.

    I would love to have kept you as a 'reader', but I don't know your email in order to invite you in.

    ReplyDelete